- the restaurant of the Grand-Hôtel Pélisson: good reception, good service and great cuisine. Interesting menus, fresh and local produce.
3 Place Alfred Agard, 24300 Nontron - 05 53 56 11 22 - 06 44 22 87 93 - Closed on Sunday
- another château ? Yes, and it is superb as well : Château de Villars welcomes you in a sumptuous setting, from May to September, evenings from wednesday to saturday and for lunch on sunday. Refined cuisine with very attentive service. Not many places, make sure to make a reservation in advance. Rue du Moulin, 24530 Villars - 05 53 03 41 58
- Charbonnel has a very refined gastronomic cuisine with superb quality produce. Formal but very professional service. 57 Rue Gambetta, 24310 Brantôme - 05 53 05 70 15 - Closed on sunday and monday
- With a different style, Côté Rivière for simple and tasty cuisine. The terrace overlooking the Dronne is very small so book it in advance and if you can't, no problem, the inside room is tastefully decorated. 13 Boulevard Coligny, 24310 Brantôme - 05 53 46 60 30 - Closed tuesday/wednesdays and from October to february
- If you want to have a good burger, this is the place : La Récré Gourmande also offers large salads, other meat dishes and delicious gambas. Everything is homemade, desserts included, by Colette, while Yann takes care of you. Make sure to check the location before going as the restaurant is not in the center of Brantôme but in the north access to the city, hence the relaxing bucolic atmosphere. rue Jacquette de Montbron, 24310 Brantôme en Périgord - 05 53 45 77 04 - email@example.com - Closed on Sunday
- Creative, exquisite, inspired cuisine at l'Atelier des Sens. So much work in every plate, you would think you are in a Michelin stared restaurant. Bonus for the warm welcome ! This restaurant that has only opened in 2017 has already built up a very good reputation ! Grand Rue, 24310 Bourdeilles - 05 53 46 14 73 - Closed on Monday and Tuesday
Champagnac de Bel-Air
- The Moulin du Roc, one star in the Michelin, offers gastronomic dinners where savoury mixes with lightness. A simpler cuisine is served for lunch (except on Sundays) with an interesting 49 € menu in idyllic surroundings Avenue Eugène le Roy, 24530 Champagnac-de-Belair - 05 53 02 86 00 - Open from April to end of October
- Impressive! the Moulin du Grand Etang. It is sophisticated, presentation is talented, and the service adorable. Once you have finished the meal you can enjoy a walk around Saint-Estèphe lake.
Le Grand Etang, 24360 Saint-Estèphe - 05 53 60 41 69 - Closed for lunch mondays and tuesdays
Follow the link to have the complete listing of all markets, but we strongly recommend:
- Brantôme market on Fridays because a market in such a beautiful village can only be blissfull. When the sun is getting warmer as the year progresses the market gets bigger and happens twice a week: Tuesday becomes a market day for local producers from mid-june to mid-september.
- Piégut-Pluviers: the region's biggest market that can even help people suffering from 'crowded places withdrawal'. Thus, loads of different stalls that give plenty of opportunities to find exactly what you are looking for... especially when you're not looking for anything.
- In contrast there are hardly any tourists in Nontron on Saturday mornings. Only natives who are quite nice actually! If you go there, don't forget to pay a visit to the current art exhibition at the Château de Nontron. In July and August, there's also a festive market from 6pm on thursdays.